Sue and I have been friends for years and other day I bumped into her as she was getting out of her beloved car. Nothing better than having a good old chat on the side of the road. Sue was looking for an address for a place that takes donations for immigrant women as she had items from her home and friends to give. This one of the many things I love about her.. her genuine care for the well being of others. Sue has penned a post for ” Make It Possible” and why she rocks jeans at 70… enjoy.. she’s a hoot.
I had never thought about there being an age where I shouldn’t be wearing jeans anymore. I still don’t.
I am of an age where I live everyday fully, as much as I can, try not to sweat the small stuff and be grateful for everything I have.
My youngest daughter gave me a Gratitude Journal for my 50th birthday with instructions that I would write 10 things everyday that I am grateful for.
I thought 10 things everyday was excessive but she replied that even little things such as that chips come in packets and chocolates come in boxes we should be grateful for !! So I started…I don’t write every day in fact there have been years in between entries but it is great to look back at and to add to.
Today’s 10 to be grateful for:
1. That I am happy and healthy.
2. That I have Pete, partner of 28 years, who loves me warts and all and who I love with his warts too.
3. That we have 5 daughters, 11 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren all healthy and happy, plus 2 precious sisters and a brother.
4. That after 8 years of struggles with EQC and Insurance we have a beautiful new home.
5. That I have Charlie, the 18 year old Jack Russell and Jet, the French Bulldog that I love and in turn give me love (and make me walk regularly.)
6. That I have a job that I love, selling Real Estate. I am grateful that I can help people move on with their lives and it enables me to have a good work/life balance.
7. That for the last 28 years I have travelled annually with my friend Gail, of The Active Gourmet Travel to Europe as her driver on tours in Provence, the Loire Valley, Italy and Sicily.
8. That I love my car, even though it’s old and not really economical to run but it starts everyday and gets me where I need to be. I am not ready for a shopping basket car!!
9. That I have some wonderful friends. Some that I might not see for ages but will always be there for me and I for them.
10. That as a child my father, wonderful man, told me that “ no matter what happens to you Sue, you will always come up smelling like roses” and I do. I am grateful for his legacy.
That’s me, Sue xx